Thursday, October 27, 2011

Business class travel at economy cost

I cant bring myself to pay for Business class airline seats. I had a friend who flew first class to Hong Kong and got seat 1A and hated it (you cant get any closer to the front!).

Sure economy class can be a bit cramped - but I have come to the conclusion that if I start in the right frame on mind and I am on a direct flight - I don't care...

So the solution is not to be hurried in going to the airport and enjoy yourself while there. Arrange to meet friends there and turn it into a social occasion or indulge in the luxury of airport lounges to feel like you are at a resort.

If you are not a member to your airlines lounge program, many airports have pay per use lounges.

For example in Hong Kong, the Plaza premium lounge has been my little Oasis on several occasions. The package that includes use of the shower and a massage seems expensive at first look, but its worth it(about $70). This is far cheaper than business class airfare! Tell them Graham Bell sent you and they might even give you a voucher for a free drink! (Also at Beijing, Guangzhou, Hyderabad, Johore, Kuala Lumpur, Muscat, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Toronto and Vancouver).

Oasis at the Airport!
To get more ideas on doing business in Asia -click here - to visit Business Travel to China BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment